CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 1, 2011

Jampacked July 1st!

Wow today has been a busy day!!!!!

1st of all, HAPPY 9 MONTH Birthday to my sweet Riley!  9 months ago you joined our family and rescued me from the grief of loosing my dad.  I know he was an angel sent to me to help me through the worst time in my life.  When I did and still do feel like the grief is too much to bear, Riley's sweet smile, piercing blue eyes and cuddles make all the pain disappear.  He is my saviour and I am so blessed to be his mommy.  3 months til his big birthday celebration!  Plans will be starting soon.  Mommy loves you, my sweet little man!


I decided this morning that I would make Friday's our family cleaning day so it is not done helter skelter through the week.  That has certainly not been working for us.  I figure if I schedule in the time, it might actually be done.  Well this morning I decided to implement this new plan and Roseanna and Russell were on board for the task (since I promised them each $10 "kid dollars")---I will blog about that beauty of a program soon.  Since I can't remember the last time I did a super clean---taking everything off walls and scrubbing them all and such, I decided today was the day.  We got to work and did the whole 1st floor.  I am so happy with how the house looks (well at least the 1st floor.)  I also did some more organization with my sewing stuff.  Since I know sew in the dining room to be with the kids while I work my long hours, I have had to find creative storage ideas for all my staples.  My tee shirt inventory is still kept in the office and all my bins of fabric are kept in the basement since there are so many of them.  I have to discipline myself now to actually put away all my work every night.  This may be a problem for the nights I work until 1 or 2 am but we will see if I can do it!

After conquering the 1st floor, I washed my Jeep.  Mark usually does it but he taunted me into doing it today.  Since it is such a rare occurrence, he took a picture and texted his friends.  I was not amused.  I think I did a pretty good job.  It is nice and sparkly.  I should have taken a picture but I did not have my camera handy.

After making a quick dinner of citrus and basil chicken (Thank You Pampered Chef!) asparagus and mashed potatoes we ate and rushed to our fire hall in town to help put out the flags for the 4th of July.  We put a flag in front of each of the homes in our borough.  We met up with some of the board members from town to do this.  The kids loved it since their good friends McKenzie and Kendra were there.  Here they are at the fire hall.


We walked up town toward our house and the kids took turns putting flags in front of each house.  They had a blast.  They ground was super hard and Jen (my neighbor) and I have blisters form pushing the flag poles into the hard dirt.  I swear the kids thought they were on parade.  They were waving the flags and waving at cars.  Most everyone driving past honked or waved.  The kids got so excited every time someone acknowledged them.  It was so cute.  Here are some pictures from our flag adventure.


Roseanna, Kendra, McKenzie, Russell


Roseanna putting a flag in

The Kids on Parade


Russell and Kendra
 
Even Riley wanted to help!
Roseanna and McKenzie

Now I am home working on my blog and gearing up for a night of work while Mark is our fishing with an old friend.  Working on back to school shirt orders.  These are some of my favorite tees I have done.  here is Roseanna in hers from last year.


See Ya Real Soon!

Nikki

0 comments: